[ic] ic database problem

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Mon Dec 13 13:30:31 EST 2004

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004, Wojtek wrote:

> I want to only use my MySQL database for data storage, no text files or
> anything. I use the following configuration directives:
> ProductFiles	products
> Variable SQLDSN dbi:mysql:demostore
> Require module DBI
> Require module DBD::mysql
> Message -i -n Using MySQL, DSN=__SQLDSN__...
> DatabaseDefault USER root
> DatabaseDefault PASS mypass
> Database	products	products.txt	__SQLDSN__
> I also have a products.sql file in my products directory. The problem is that
> no data is showing. When I copy a products.txt file to the products directory
> data shows up. But as I said I do not want to use any additional text files.
> What is the problem here?

How are you trying to display the data? If you're using an
Interchange-native search, it may be searching the (non-existent) text
file instead of the database. Try adding st=db to the search parameters.

Jon Jensen
End Point Corporation
Software development with Interchange, Perl, PostgreSQL, Apache, Linux, ...