[ic] people complaining about interchange...

frank frank at goldissue.com
Fri Feb 6 05:15:59 EST 2004

scaballe at caballe.net wrote:

>On Fri,  6 Feb 2004 00:47:43 +0000
>Tom Hodder <tom at ecnow.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I've been using interchange for a while now, but when I suggested interchange
>>as an ecommerce platform to a company I am working for, one of their techies
>>replied, "I have used interchange, but it doesn't run for very long before the
>>daemon drops dead".
>>
>>Now that sounds like a comment one would hear about Microsoft, but not about a
>>*nix application.
>>
>>I looked this up on google, and it seems that other people are experiencing
>>the same problem.
>>
>>Are any of the developers, of profound believers in interchange, aware of this
>>criticism, and know of the cause of the problem???

My thought for this week was the same as is being expressed here. I have
done an awful lot of changes and development, especially
to adapt Interchange to the needs of Australian e-commerce. I can
rebuild four stores an hour from a backup in a disaster.

Now I realize that it is not fair on my clients to make too many
changes, and even with them patiently building their own stores I have
come to realize that Interchange is as stable as static html if I just
leave it alone,

Frank Reitzenstein.