[ic] Strange insertion of plus sign for blank spaces in area search post

Barry Treahy, Jr. Treahy at MMaz.com
Fri Feb 6 20:42:04 EST 2004

Admin wrote:

>I have been running a MV/IC store on an old Linux box from home for years.
>Now I get a dedicated server from a company and install everything and one
>search form I have is now inserting + signs for spaces in a 'se' string.
>sample: bruce springsteen is outputted as bruce+springsteen instead of
>bruce%20springsteen. The plus sign actually creates a 404 error which is not
>parsed by interchange to display the missing.html page... Strange..
>
>And ideas why the following search post would cause the plus sign instead of
>replacing blanks with %20

If I recall, I had a weird problem like that long ago, but it was caused
my me using the Roxen HTTP server and how it handled CGI.  Check with
our hosting company and find out what server they're using, it might be
related...

Barry

--

Barry Treahy, Jr                       E-mail: Treahy at MMaz.com
Midwest Microwave                          Phone: 480/314-1320