[ic] Server error on options tab

Shaun Laughey shaun.laughey at pyr2.com
Sat Feb 7 18:14:38 EST 2004

Scott Martin wrote:

>On Saturday 07 February 2004 03:29 pm, Stefan Hornburg wro> On Sat, 7 Feb 2004
>10:39:01 -0500
>

>>Scott Martin <smartin at steamvalve.com> wrote:
>>

>>>Hi All
>>>
>>>Searched mailing list archive without any defined answer (from what I
>>>find)
>>>
>>>Running IC 5.0 on debian with mysql from packages. When I hit the options
>>>tab I get an internal server error message.
>>>
>>>Internal Server Error
>>>The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was
>>>unable to complete your request.
>>>
>>>Please contact the server administrator, webmaster at mail.steamvalve.com
>>>and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might
>>>have done that may have caused the error.
>>>
>>>More information about this error may be available in the server error
>>>log.
>>>
>>>Apache/1.3.29 Ben-SSL/1.52 Server at ic-server.steamvalve.com Port 443
>>>
>>>What am I doing wrong?
>>>

>>Maybe nothing, please check your error logs for more information,
>>especially the global log file (/var/run/interchange/error.log).
>>
>>Bye
>>	Racke
>>

>Hi Racke,
>Thanks for responding, I do not see anything in the logs, I notice that the
>cloning options tab returns the same results with 'server error'
>What should I look for in the logs?
>TIA
>Scott Martin

I think you have an incompatible perl with threads (you installed it out
of unstable/testing on debian). [IC] works until you need to use some of
the db stuff. It then dies ungracefully.
Do an apt-get source perl and install a new "--without-threads" version
to your /usr/local/bin and edit the /usr/sbin/interchange script to
change the perl path.
Or install IC from source too and tell it which perl to use. You should
also update the /usr/local/bin/perl with all the interchange stuff from
CPAN.
I refer you to this previous answer:-
 http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2003-October/035563.html

Its a common thing on the more "bleeding edge" distros. ;)

Shaun Laughey.