[ic] IC 5.0.0 Foundation server error / trying to add custom fields

Andy Mayer andy at andymayer.net
Mon Feb 9 06:03:10 EST 2004

Hi,

Racke has helped test this problem and elimate some of my "user error",
but I still think there is a problem remaining....

If I add a new field to the item editor form (by going to the "edit
page" tab in the "configure table display" screen and editing the
"fields to edit"), then when I revisit the screen I get a server error
as follows:

/store/admin/item_edit.html Runtime error: Can't use string ("price") as
a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at
/usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/Editor.pm line 3403.

This doesn't just happen with my own custom fields, but also happens
with standard foundation fields that aren't normally displayed. For
example, try adding the field "title" to the "General" tab as follows:

=General

sku
description
prod_group category
comment
inactive
title

I've tried it with other fields that aren't displayed, including my own
custom fields and I always get the same error. Is there some other
procedure to following when using custom fields in the new foundation
demo?

I've elimated the possibility of a local problem by reproducing the
error on the ICDEV demo at http://demo.icdevgroup.org/i/demo1

I'd be interested to hear from people who have successfully added custom
fields to there products file and are using IC 5.0

Thanks for your help,

Andy Mayer

aka. amayer