[ic] Once again: ProductFiles directive really working?

New Media E.M.S. ic_users at newmediaems.com
Mon Feb 9 13:50:12 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-02-09 at 00:04, Dr. Michael Streubel wrote:
> Hi Interchangers,
>
> I'm working with IC 5.0.0 and Postgres.
> Though many posts dealt with understanding the ProductFiles directive,
> I still can't see whether it's really working as described at several
> places
> or if there is some misconception on my part.
>
> Since it's obvious how to configure things in the .cfg files,
> I won't repeat everything here. However, look at the following
> code snippets:
>
> 1)             [loop
>  search="
>                st=db
>                sf=description
>                se=...Some search expresssion...
> "]
> [loop-code]
> [loop-field title]
> [/loop]
>
> This code finds nothing even if the search expression does hit some entry
> of one the additional tables listed in the ProductFiles directive.
>
> 2)
> [loop
>  search="
>                st=db
>                sf=description
>                se=...Some search expresssion...
>                fi=...Additional products table name...
> "]
> [loop-code]
> [loop-field title]
> [/loop]
>
> This code does yield a non-empty result if the search expression
> does occur in the additional products table.
>
> But now
>
> 3)
> <!-- This code works on all table files! -->
> [perl]$Scratch->{myFiles} = join ',', @{$Config->{ProductFiles}};
> return;[/perl]
> [loop
>  search="
>                st=db
>                sf=description
>                se=...Some search expresssion...
>                fi=[scratch myFiles]
> "]
> [loop-code]
> [loop-field title]
> [/loop]
>
> This codes finds everything as expected.
>

> In my opinion, these facts demonstrate that I have configured things
> correctly, but that the ProductFiles directive doesn't work as expected,
> at least as I understand it, namely that I don't have to modify any code
> as in
> case 3 above  if I'm to add additional product files (tables).
>
> Any hints are greatly appreciated.
>
> Michael

Dear Michael -

If what you are saying is true and can be reproduced, it would seem
inconsistent with the ProductFiles documentation. I will see if I can
find some time to play with this in the next day or two (or perhaps
someone else on the core team will...)

- Ed

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax