[ic] Problems with uploaded images in inet mode(beginner)

New Media E.M.S. ic_users at newmediaems.com
Mon Feb 9 17:17:47 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-02-09 at 13:39, Martin Conrad wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Montag, 9. Feb New Media E.M.S. wrote:
>
> [ ... ]
>
> > > Images uploaded by the administration interface are saved at the
> > > interchange server and not on the maschine where the apache is
> > > running.
> > > I don't find, where i can change it.
> > >
> > > CU
> > >
> > > Martin
> >
> > That's a good one :-)
> >
> > The foudation demo uses a simple symlink just under your catalog
> > root, called 'images', which points to the actual image directory
> > under your http documents root, to allow the catalog to save
> > images from uploads.
>
> No, thats not a symlink. The pics are saved in the image/item
> directory created by user.

You can do whatever you want on your system, but the default behavior of
makecat is to set up a symlink when you install the foundation demo,
unless you told it to do something else:

[newmedia at localhost shop]$ ls -l
total 492
lrwxrwxrwx    1 newmedia newmedia       35 Feb  4 14:12 images ->
/home/newmedia/httpdocs/shop/images

- Ed L.