[ic] Skipjack and routing - works in 5.0 but not in 4.8.8

DB DB at M-and-D.com
Thu Feb 12 15:44:07 EST 2004

In my 5.0 store, I managed to get manual processing for non-US orders
working while US orders use skipjack by modifying etc/log_transaction
like this, with MV_PAYMENT_MODE *not* set in my catalog.cfg:

==============================
    [if value country ne US]
         Offline credit card [value mv_credit_card_type] [value
mv_credit_card_reference].
         Payment: [value name=mv_payment set="credit_card"]
    [else]

   [tmp name="charge_succeed"][charge route=skipjack][/tmp]
         [if scratch charge_succeed]
         [then]
         [set do_invoice]1[/set]
         [set do_payment]1[/set]
         Real-time charge succeeded. ID=[data session payment_id]
         [/then]
         [else]
         Real-time charge FAILED. Reason: [data session cybercash_error]
         [calc]
                 die errmsg(
                                 "Real-time charge failed. Reason: %s\n",
                                 errmsg($Session->{cybercash_error}),
                         );
         [/calc]
         [/else]
         [/if]
    [/else]
    [/if]
=============================

That seems to work as expected. Now I'm trying to do the same thing in
my 4.8.8 store by editing etc/profiles.order. In this one I *did* set

MV_PAYMENT_MODE skipjack

in catalog.cfg (because I couldn't get skipjack to work otherwise)

[elsif variable MV_PAYMENT_MODE]
&credit_card=standard keep __CREDIT_CARDS_ACCEPTED__

    [if value country eq US]
     [then]
      &charge=[var MV_PAYMENT_MODE][cgi mv_payment_test]
      &set=mv_payment Real-time ([var MV_PAYMENT_MODE]) Credit Card
     [/then]
     [else]
      &credit_card=standard __CREDIT_CARDS_ACCEPTED__
      &set=mv_payment Credit Card (%c)
     [/else]
    [/if]

[/elsif]

but this still uses skipjack no matter what country I pick. Can anyone
spot my error or shed any light? I'm sure it us something dumb that I'm
doing.

DB