[ic] Content | Edit File Locations

Henry Hartley henryhartley at westat.com
Fri Feb 13 15:17:55 EST 2004

I feel like an idiot because things aren't acting as I expect them to.  When
I use the web admin interface to edit files (i.e. I click on Content and
then pick a file (lets say index.html) from the list) I seem to be changing,
for instance, /<catalogroot>/pages/index.html.  But the files that are
displayed in my catalog seem to be coming from a different place.  In fact,
the intro text on the main (index.html) page is coming from
/<catalogroot>/products/locale.txt.  Obviously I'm not doing things right
but it's not obvious to me what I should be doing.  In fact, when I look at
a page that I want to edit (we're talking Foundation Demo here) and then
click on the link at the bottom left of the page that says "edit page" I get
taken into the admin system but the page shown is the one I already edited,
but not the one that was displayed.  Is this a configuration issue or am I
missing something obvious?

--
Henry Hartley