[ic] [perl] comptabilty issues calling html file

Sam Batschelet batschelet at exactasphere.com
Fri Feb 13 15:48:25 EST 2004

I have a piece of code that creates a RSS news feed table and I am
trying to find a way for interchange to print that file's HTML into an
interchange page's table.

If the file is called RSS.html normal perl should work like this but
with interchange's safe.pm this is not true.  My question is can you
achieve this with interchange.  Any ideas on a good way to go about this
would be appreciated.

print "Content-type: text/html", "\n\n";	# MIME header.

open(HTMLFILE, " RSS.html ") || die "
  <center><H3>Sorry, I cannot open HTML RSS.</H3></center>";
while (read(HTMLFILE, $buffer, 16384))  #Print the Poll HTML file
{
    print $buffer;
}
close(HTMLFILE);