[ic] performance help

James Kinney jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Sun Feb 22 16:59:35 EST 2004

>> I am using the category vertical tree menu system created in the admin
>> UI
>> instead of the old one I had in 4.x. I like the ability to edit all of
>> the
>> menus in one location.
>
> If that is the case then you are building 142,000 links and sending
> them out over the wire. Checked the page size at all?

The index page is 14k (with no images). That seems pretty reasonable.

I ran top while reloading the index page. It take 4 cpu seconds on IC to
generate the page.

Could it be related to the "random item" in the side bar?
--
James P. Kinney III
CEO & Director of Engineering

http://www.localnetsolutions.com