[ic] Using interchange with cPanel

New Media E.M.S. ic_users at newmediaems.com
Tue Feb 24 13:19:28 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-02-23 at 13:06, Carl Reynolds wrote:
> I know this has been addressed in detail on the Interchange web site. I
> still have a question about using Interchange with cPanel.
>
> I want to install Interchange on a web site that uses cPanel. However, I
> plan to use ssh to do the install. I will not be using cPanel even
> though it is installed on the site. From what I have read on the
> Interchange site, this should be OK. But I wasn't sure if there would be
> some system interaction between Interchange and cPanel even if I am not
> using cPanel to do the install.
>
> Am I correct that I can install Interchange using ssh and not have a
> problem with it interacting with cPanel?
>

> Thanks for your assistance,
>
> Carl.

This should go smoothly, especially if you intent to install interchange
as a user process in the hosting account user's home directory, fully
owned by that user. One thing to note: if CPanel's interchange is
running, name your catalog root directory something other than
'catalogs' (i.e.: 'ecommerce') to eliminate any possibility that the
CPanel instance of interchange might touch it....

- Ed

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax