[ic] Re: Your Interchange question

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Tue Feb 24 14:01:36 EST 2004

Quoting Jamie Neil (jamie at versado.net):
> tom friedel wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >Sorry to bother you, I was about to post to the interchange list the
> >exact question you asked as I can not get the answer you received to
> >work.  Here would be my posting.  If you have any info you could share
> >with my I would appreciate it.
> >thank you
> >tom friedel
> >

> >I am trying to set the price_level field of the userdb MySQL table to
> >a value of 'customer' when a new account is created.  I can easily set
> >some fields in UserDB
> >
> >[value name=lname set="FORCE"]
> >[value name=price_level set="customer" ]
> >[userdb save]
> >
> >Will save just the lname to FORCE, but price_level does not get set.
> >

> >http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2003-May/033555.html
> >
> >appears to answer the question, and says to put in catalog.cfg
> >
> >UserDB default preferences "somevar someothervar price_level"
> >        (be sure to include vars like "email" if you use them)
> >
> >But this is not working for me (price_level not saved)
>
> Hi Tom,
>
> I seem to remember spending a couple of days on this without getting
> anywhere :(
>
> I seem to have ended up doing it this way:

Actually, price_level is one of the scratch variables. This makes
sense if you think about it, because then anyone could just set
their price_level by putting "mv_action=return&price_level=lowest"
in their URL.

The answer is:

	[value name=lname set=FORCE]
	[set price_level]customer[/set]
	[userdb save]
	[profile
		name="[scratch price_level]"
		comment="Prevents having to log in again"
	]

--
Mike Heins

-- Wernher Von Braun