[ic] Problem with Admin

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Thu Feb 26 09:41:02 EST 2004

Mike Heins [mike at perusion.com] wrote:
> Quoting Kurt Wolter (kwolter at rochelle.net):
> > I have installed perl 5.8.3 using Configure -d (for defaults, or the
> > best guess method).
> >
> > I have then run perl -MCPAN -e 'install Bundle::Interchange' to grabe
> > the important perl modules that Interchange needs. (I am assuming that's
> > what the Bundle::Interchange is all about).
> >
> > I have then recompiled Perl with -d again.
> >
> > Perl -V tells me I have a non threading Perl and when I compile
> > Interchange it seems happy, or at least it doesn't complain.
> >
> > When I makecat I use sensible answers and after i start the interchange
> > server i can get to the foundation catalog as a customer. But I get
> >
> > [26/February/2004:00:46:44 -0500] catalog6
> > /cgi-bin/catalog6/admin/index.html Runtime error: ichelp import failed:
> > sdbm store returned -1, errno 22, key "kaccess.main" at
> > /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/Common.pm line 485, <IN> line 3.
> >
> > There were 3 previous posts about this same error from early january.
> >
> > I believe I do have GDBM installed in perl.
> >
> No, you cannot, for SDBM would not be used if you had it.

Install GDBM, run Perl's "Configure -de" again and then recompile,
test and install Perl.

To install GDBM, you can either build from source or, if you're using
Linux Red Hat, you can simply install the "gdbm" and "gdbm-devel" RPMs
from your CD.  Other Linux distros will have GDBM packages, but may
use a different name.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz