[ic] Shipping soft goods with subtotal cost criteria

Chen Naor chen at lilux.co.il
Thu Jan 1 12:35:37 EST 2004

> Hello,
>
> I have a catalog that use shipping calculation according to the total
> cost of the order.
> It gives the customer a choice when the order is between 0-200,
> 201-800 is only fast shipping, 801 - over it free fast shipping.
> Here is my shipping,asc:
> I need to add soft goods, that have no shipping charge, the soft
> goods should have no effect on the shipping calculation.
> I saw some examples on do it with weight criteria & quantity criteria
> but this is a bit different.
> Any idea or directions?

Well,
I found a work around.
Insert into the weight field the product price, and then using the weight criteria in the
shipping formula.
This solution have one problem: If there is a use of dealer price or other discount it wont
reflect in the shipping calculation.
If anyone have a better solution please post it.

Regards

& Happy New Year

Chen