[ic] Protx Problems?

Lyn St George lyn at zolotek.net
Sat Jan 10 10:57:26 EST 2004

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 23:13:57 -0000, Mike Curtis wrote:

>HI all,
>IC 4.9.8 (local server)
>Protx 1.0.7
>Mysql
>Foundation Demo
>

>I have recently configured IC to use Protx, using the exellent documentation from Lyn St George.  Quite
pleased that all including the Admin Interface seems to work although on completion of a credit card
transaction the following error message is shown.This error message is something I would expect as I
have not yet created an account with Protx themselves.

>(Payment process): There was an error accepting payment: Real-time charge failed. Reason: Couldn't
create a transaction (VRTXVendorNotValidated, )
>Credit Card Information: Couldn't create a transaction (VRTXVendorNotValidated, )
>
>but I now have a problem, with a P.O type order I get this error message when placing the order
>
>(log_orderline_zolotek): There was an error adding the items to the orderline table: import failed:
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Column 'shipmode' cannot be null at
/home/interch/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 1376, chunk 1

Looking through the package it seems that a debugging file slipped in somehow.

>I do realizie that all fields in the transaction table should have NOT NULL removed and that has been
done from the transaction.mysql text file but on removing the tranaction database files from
/var/db/mysql/ with extensions of MYD, MYI and frm, then restarting IC I do not see the table being
rebuilt!! as I would expect from the database doc's
>I am obviouly doing something wrong

Interchange keeps its own record of an SQL table having imported a text file
in 'products/table_name.sql'. To force the table_name.txt file to be imported on
the next IC restart you simply remove the *sql file (make sure you have either
a backup or have exported the data first).  You shouldn't touch the MySQL
files you noted above.

Before implementing the automated billing I've promised myself for so
long I've made an interim upgrade to v1.0.8 - this fixes those things you
have found, plus simplifies the whole thing down to one page plus a logging
file and an email file, plus adds notes about Postgres (thanks Sandy for reminding
me - btw the 'related*' values are not logged, but are remapped from the
standard values).

Please use this version instead, (http://kiwi.zolotek.net)

>Mike Curtis

-