[ic] PID process file

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Sun Jan 11 03:52:29 EST 2004

Scott Martin wrote:
> Hi Again
>
> Reset permissions in PID file and am now getting this:
>
> /etc/init.d/interchange restart
> Restarting Interchange Server: No process in pidfile `/var/run/interchange/
> interchange.pid' found running; none killed.
>

> Any thoughts on how to correct?

Disclaimer:  This is just general knowledge about how pid files work in
general, but it may vary for Interchange, I don't know for sure...

Try deleting/renaming the pid file.  That type of file should normally
be created automatically by the program when it launches and be deleted
when the program properly terminated, so if it's there it indicates that
interchange was somehow improperly terminated (either with kill -9, or a
power fault something similar).

Make sure that the user that starts interchange has read/write/create
permissions to the directory that the pid file is in so it can create
another one when it's ready.

Regards, Peter