[ic] date format question

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Tue Jan 13 10:02:35 EST 2004

Quoting k (palazani at gmx.net):
> Rene Hertell wrote:
> >> Hi list,
> >>
> >> I tried to format the last_login field of the UI access table to a
> >> MYSQL valid value:
> >>
> >> [convert-date ymt="%d-%m-%Y"]
> >>     [data table=access field=last_login key='[data session
> >> username]'] [/convert-date]
> >
> > I think it should be fmt="%d-%m-%Y".
>
> Yes, you are right, it should be fmt.
>
> > If you change the format to this, you wont get the time when the user
> > logged in. The default value (epoch) is better in my opinion. That
> > value you can format later to any format you want..
>
> Here you are right again, but the conversion fails. In the access table I
> have values like:
>     1071675046
> and formatting it now with the correct (fmt) above code snippet (without
> time, only for test now) gives a wrong result:
>     something with the year 1070 !?

[convert-date] (as stated in its docs) converts an ISO date.

You want:

	[time time="1071675046"]%d-%m-%Y[/time]

That is a bad date format for the internet, by the way. It confuses
non-Americans (as we are confused by %d/%m/%Y). It is better to
use %d-%b-%Y.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.765.647.1295      <mike at perusion.com>

Any man who is under 30, and is not liberal, has not heart; and any man
who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has not brains.
 -- Winston Churchill