[ic] Protx american express issue?

Lyn St George lyn at zolotek.net
Wed Jan 14 05:57:39 EST 2004

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 11:31:44 +0000, Sandy Thomson wrote:

>Hi,
>I think i might have identified a bug with the protx module.  When i
>submit payment by switch, mastercard or visa (I havent tried delta or
>solo yet), the transaction gets accepted by protx.
>
>When i submit an order with the dummy AMEX number in the docs, i get an
>error back from protx telling me my vendor id is incorrect (although the
>vendor id that is returned in the ERROR message StatusDetail is actually
>correct).  Maybe not all the fields are being supplied to protx? or
>maybe it is a problem at the protx end? Anyone else having a similar issue?

You need to ask Protx to explicitly enable Amex and Diners cards, as these
also need separate applications and approval from their respective companies
rather than from your merchant account provider.

>---
>With the existing refunds problem i was having, I used the transactions
>table to the letter (as described in the 1.08 docs) and still get the
>internal server error message when doing refunds (im also using the new
>single html file). The database error is still the same, although protx
>gets the refund ok which is most important.

This is most odd.  Is this still with Postgres? Could you send me the
actual error messages in the error logs, including anything in the
Postgres log. (off-list please for these logs)

>Thanks again for a really cool module.
>
>Sandy.

-
Cheers