[ic] not using autonumber when creating a new item in admin ui

John Allman allmanj at houseofireland.com
Thu Jan 15 08:30:58 EST 2004

Hi - i'm writing an admin page to manage a table that is not part of the
core interchange but is essential in our site. I'm using interchange
4.8.3.  I'm manually selecting numbers for primary keys in this table
based on the current values in there. I have based this as much as
possible on the item_edit page and have simply changed the block of code
in the [if cgi ui_new_item] tag to set item_id to the particular value i
want (i have made sure that ui_new_item is set when this page is
accessed by modifying the values in icmenu to be like those for
item_edit, i.e. the form value set to ui_new_item=1). I have removed all
of the AUTO_SEQUENCE and AUTO_NUMBER code.

Unfortunately, although everything looks good on the editing page and
the number i want is appearing there, when i submit it, it chooses a
completely different value which it appears to be getting from an
autonumber file in the products directory of my catalog.

How can i get it to use my number instead? Or will i just have to adapt
my plan to take this autonumbering into account?

Thanks

John Allman