[ic] not using autonumber when creating a new item in admin ui

John Allman allmanj at houseofireland.com
Thu Jan 15 12:34:11 EST 2004

Stefan Hornburg wrote:

>On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 15:21:15 +0000
>John Allman <allmanj at houseofireland.com> wrote:
>

>>I'm a little confused by the documentation about mv_data_key:*
>>
>>"mv_data_key*
>>The field that is the primary key in the table. It must match the
>>existing database definition."
>>
>>This seems to say it's the name of the field, not the value of the field
>>in the new entry?
>>

>Yes. idf is the primary key in my example.
>
>Bye
>	Racke

When i mv_data_key that to be "code" (the primary key of this table) and
set a form variable for code i get the behaviour i got at the start
again. It reads from this autonumber file. I *did* find the following in
my error.log. I had seen it before but had been focusing on other errors
i could understand and it hadn't clicked. Unfortunately i can make
nothing of it. Perhaps you can understand what it means?

192.168.0.145 yQMSbdaU:192.168.0.145 - [15/January/2004:17:02:42 +0000]
hoi /cgi-bin/hoi/ui No key 'code' found for function='insert'
table='cattable'

I did a double check and in dbconf/mysql/cattable.mysql the fields are
defined correctly for this table and code is in as the primary key. The
headings are also correct in products/cattable.txt

Any ideas?

John