[ic] Searching Multiple DBs

Paul Jordan paul at gishnetwork.com
Thu Jan 15 13:35:20 EST 2004

righteous at inbox.lv wrote:
>> Did you mean "multiple databases" at once, or seperately? At any
>> rate, I take it you have set up one mysql db, so set the other one
>> up the same. IOW define another SQLDSN SQLPASS SQLUSER (but use say
>> SQLDSN_2 SQLPASS_2 SQLUSER_2) etc in variale (or any other place you
>> want to define this). Then define the table using THOSE vars, like
>> in dbconf/mysql/foo.mysql.
>>
>> to search it, just call the table.
>

> The query code you put forth is what I tried previously, with no
> success. Interchange is very stubborn and continues to read from the
> products/buyback.txt instead of looking into the appropriate database
> indicated in dbconf/mysql/buyback.sql.  Removing the
> products/buyback.txt causes internal server errors.
>
> Andrew

I don't see why that would not work. You should probably post your query, and your table def(s) here for the community to see.

Just to mention, if you defined your SQLDSN_FOO vars, you would have to restart IC to take effect. If you don't, it may read the text file into gdbm on subsequent read attempts depending if you supplied them or not... IIRC, but surely you restarted yes?

Paul