[ic] Payment Module 500 Error

Chris Ochs chris at paymentonline.com
Sat Jan 17 14:57:50 EST 2004

This sounds a lot like the problem I am having with our own payment module.
If you modify the boa module to log the actual response LWP is returning,
I'll bet it will say 500 read timeout.  On my system it returns this in 1-3
seconds.   What I think it happening is that the LWP is aborting prematurely
upon catching some signal that it shouldnt' be.

Also, in rpc mode this doesn't happen to me, just in low or high traffic
modes.  You might try running in rpc mode just to see if the problem goes
away.  If it does, then at least we would have more evidence that the
problem isn't just something on our individual systems, but will probably
effect a lot of people.  I think more people haven't reported this because a
lot of production systems probably haven't upgraded recently.

I am not sure this is an interchange bug per say.  An older install of
interchange I have on the same OS and perl version works fine, the
difference is that several of the perl modules are a newer version.  This
might very well be a bug in LWP or it's dependencies that cropped up just
recently.

Chris