[ic] some issues with 5.0 and oracle

Stefan Hornburg racke at linuxia.de
Wed Jan 21 16:00:25 EST 2004

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 14:54:49 -0500
Ron Mahoney <rmahoney at infotech-nj.com> wrote:

> I am new to Interchange but have been working on an implementation for a site
> using and Oracle 8 backend.  I came across a few minor issues that caused many
> hours of frustration while trying to get the system up and running.  It is
> working fine now. Okay, here are the issus:
>
> 1. In the foundation demo dbconf/oracle/options.ora the field price is defined
> as VARCHAR2(20). Should be VARCHAR2(250) based on the mysql and psql files.
> This causes demo data and store to not load.

I think you are right. I changed this in CVS for price and wholesale.

> 2. In the foundation demo the field inactive in the products table is defined
> as VARCHAR2(128) (the default).  This causes the select statement: select *
> from products where inactive != 1 to fail to retrive any products. So all scans
> fail.  I vote to make it NUMBER(38) default 0.

Why NUMBER(38) ? Isn't there a data type like boolean or a something similar
to the MySQL counterpart:
TINYINT(1) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL

> 3. In the foundation demo data products/variants.txt the field named comment
> does not get renamed to comment_field.

Hm, but it looks similar like to products.txt. Anyone can spot the difference.

> 4. In the foundation demo data options.txt, the first record is missing a tab
> as the first character.

I'm not sure if its really missing. Anyone ?

> Hope this helps anyone struggling with Oracle and IC5.  Sorry its not in patch format.

Thanks for your input !

Bye
	Racke

Interchange Development Team