[ic] silent post from Verisign Payflow Link

Michael Kim mikek at tibetanaidproject.org
Tue Jan 27 18:02:40 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Kim" <mikek at tibetanaidproject.org>
To: <interchange-users at icdevgroup.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 24, 2004 2:48 PM
Subject: [ic] silent post from Verisign Payflow Link

http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2002-February/017814.h

http://www.yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/cart.cgi/process.html?id=Wcpazx58&mv_pc=68
> &mv_click_map=Place_Order&mv_click_Place_Order=Place%20Order )
>
> See the hidden fields of the "checkout" form on "checkout.html" for more
> information about this.
>     Just browsing to this url will pull up a receipt page, and trigger off
> the order route behaviors (logging, updating the database, sending
> confirmation emails, etc).
>
> (2) I can pass the "mv_session_id" to Verisign Payflow Link through a
hidden
> field called "USER1", and the value of the "[process secure=1]" tag
through
> a hidden field called "USER2", which Verisign posts to my silent-post page
> (called "silent.php").
>
> (3) My "silent.php" page receives "USER1" (the "mv_session_id" value)
> properly from Verisign, and posts this along with
"mv_click_map=Place_Order"
> and "mv_click_Place_Order=Place Order" (and other values copied from
> "checkout.html") to the url parsed from "USER2".
>
> (4) But "silent.php" posting these to "process.html" does not trigger the
> behaviors that browsing to the same url does.
>
> Does this approach not work because cookies are involved somehow?  What
> other difference could there be between browsing to "process.html" with
the
> mentioned values and posting to "process.html" with the same value from
> "silent.php"?
>
> I think whoever figures this out will have solved the elusive IC to
Verisign
> Payflow Link integration problem that does not yet have a good documented
> solution.

(I am replying to my own post.)

Progress!  I set the "WideOpen" configuration value to "Yes" in
"catalog.cfg" and this allows sessions to be continued from a different IP
address.

However, the order route behaviors are not being triggered yet, I'm only
getting the check out screen.

Any suggestions for directly triggering the order route behaviors?

Thanks -

Mike