[ic] Strange behavior with [timed-build auto=1]

Marty Tennison marty at sediva.com
Wed Jul 7 12:37:53 EDT 2004

IC=5.0
perl=5.8 (no threads)
DB=mysql

I've been working with [timed-build] lately and I *think* I have found a
strange behavior when auto=1 is set.  I've recreated this behavior on
the demo site also.

I am unable to get the [timed-build auto=1 force=1] tag to create a file
in the tmp/auto-timed directory.

When I use the [timed-build] tag alone, it successfully creates a file
in the CATROOT/timed directory.  When I supply a file="<filename>"
parameter, it successfully creates a file.  However, when I use the
auto=1 option, no file is created.

So, to recreate the problem I uploaded a new help.html file to the demo
site with these contents appended to the file.

[timed-build auto=1 force=1]
test test test
[/timed-build]

I loaded help.html in another browser window, then navigated to the
auto-timed directory.  No file was created in auto-timed.  Then I
changed the time-build tag to set a file name.

[timed-build file="tmp/auto-timed/test.txt" force=1]
test test test
[/timed-build]

I loaded help.html in another browser window, then navigated to the
auto-timed directory.  The file was there.

I'm probably missing something, but I sure don't know what it is.  Any
help is appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

--
Marty Tennison <marty at sediva.com>