[ic] More list error

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Wed Jul 7 14:42:53 EDT 2004

Quoting Dan Bergan (danb at champonline.com):
> Mike Heins wrote:
>
> >Quoting Dan Bergan (danb at champonline.com):
> >

> >>If I go back to the previous page, then refresh the page, then click on
> >>the more links everything will work fine.  So, it seems like the session
> >>is expiring and the more link is no longer valid.
> >>

> >You have hit it on the head.
> >

> Phew!  I'm not crazy... I was worried there for a while.  Thanks, Mike!
>
> I don't feel that I need to give the customer the actual "more" page,
> but I would like something better than an internal server error.  Is
> there any way to detect an expired session and then direct them to a
> "session expired" page where they can start browsing again?

If it is a server error, then we should probably fix this behavior.

> I guess I could just change my apache internal server error page to say
> that the session has expired and have a link to start browsing the
> catalog again.  But, would there be a way to keep this within Interchange?

I think what needs be done is to handle this such that it only
returns a search error and not a server error.

A workaround would be to do in results page:

[if cgi MM]
[and !scratch did_search]
<!-- set error [error name="Search expired" set="Your search has expired."] -->
	[bounce page=error]
[/if]
[set did_search]1[/set]

That should bounce to the error.html page if they are doing a more
and have not done a search in this session.

--
Mike Heins

"All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and
then success is sure." -- Mark Twain