[ic] mod_interchange OrdinaryFileList & ScriptAlias

Ron Phipps rphipps at reliant-solutions.com
Sun Jul 11 09:07:07 EDT 2004

> From: interchange-users-bounces at icdevgroup.org
[mailto:interchange-users-
> bounces at icdevgroup.org] On Behalf Of John1
>
> I am using mod_interchange and have the catalog set at root.
>
> Extract of httpd.conf:
>
> ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /var/www/cgi-bin/
>  <Location />
>  SetHandler interchange-handler
> OrdinaryFileList /cgi-bin/
> </Location>
>
> This seems to relegate my cgi-bin to an ordinary file directory rather
> than
> a script directory.  i.e.  My browser tries to download the script
rather
> than Apache try to execute the script.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure if ScriptAlias is supposed to work with OrdinaryFileList or
not, Kevin Walsh may be able to answer that.  However a work around may
be to move your cgi-bin directory to: /var/cgi-bin, point the script
alias there and then remove the cgi-bin from the OrdinaryFileList.  Or
create a /var/www/html directory, put all your html files there, then
create a /var/www/cgi-bin, put your cgi files there, point ScriptAlias
at /var/www/cgi-bin and remove cgi-bin from OrdinaryFileList.

Good luck,
-Ron