[ic] ic and qmail

Patrick Donker list-account at webpagina.nu
Mon Jul 12 13:59:37 EDT 2004

Ed LaFrance (New Media E.M.S.) wrote:
> At 05:13 AM 7/12/2004, you wrote:
>
>> Hi people,
>> I hope you can help me with this trivial problem, but as I dont have
>> *any* perl knowledge it still needs your help;
>> As mta I use qmail in a virtual domain environment. If I send email
>> from within ic it takes the default domain as (amongst others) its
>> return path. This is easy to solve my setting some qmail-inject
>> variables. Question remains how to do this from within ic. I need a
>> per catalog setting, so it would be great if there is a way to do this
>> using catalog.cfg.
>> In interchange.cfg I found this:
>>
>> ## This is only needed if you use Net::SMTP instead of
>> ## sendmail or clones
>> Variable MV_SMTPHOST smtp
>>
>> What does this do? How do I know if ic is using net:smtp or sendmail?
>> I didnt find anything in the docs. What is the best way of setting
>> environment variables in ic?
>>
>> Thanks
>> -Patrick
>

> The above is not what you want to address this issue. Customer-targeted
> email receipts, ship notices and other emails are easily sent out with
> the [email][/email] tag pair, which lets you specify sender and reply
> email addresses; see the tag reference for more information. Order
> reports (like the store email copy of an order) are mailed via a
> different mechanism. If you want, you can add 'from' and 'reply'
> parameters to the order Route in which the mailing occurs to set these
> email headers to what you want them to be, i.e.:
>
> Route main  <<EOF
>         attach            0
>         credit_card       1
>         default           1
>         email             '__ORDERS_TO__'
>         from              'somebody at somewhere.com'
>         encrypt           0
>         errors_to         '__ORDERS_TO__'
>         pgp_cc_key        "__PGP_KEY__"
>         pgp_key           "__PGP_KEY__"
>         receipt           etc/receipt.html
>         report            etc/report
>         supplant          1
>         individual_track  orders
>         track             logs/tracking.asc
> EOF
>

> - Ed
Thanks Ed, but I already am doing it the way you discribed. The problem
that I  am facing is header related and cannot be controlled by setting
ic variables. The ones I have to set are Return-Path and X-UIDL.
Qmail uses the default domain values if mail is sent from localhost. If
I want to override these values I have to set QMAILHOST,
QMAILDEFAULTDOMAIN, QMAILDEFAULTHOST and QMAILIDHOST to the domain name
I am mailing from. If you need more info on this topic, please take a
short look at http://www.qmail.org/man/man8/qmail-inject.html

Cheers
Patrick