[ic] how to model parameterized item in ic

Akash Shah ic_user at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 13 02:13:25 EDT 2004

hi,

we are on ic 5.2.0 - foundation based catalog.

our site sells art materials and items are modeled without any kind of
options/variants. this works fine for our main requirement, but now there is
a requirement to add a "sample" for each item that we sell. this sample is
common for all of the items and so i was wondering, if there is a way to

- model the item as a parameterized item - meaning create one item "generic
sample" with the amount, weight etc. and change the item's description when
placing the order (as part of order button/link), so that the item ordered
is the "generic sample" item with the description as the sku of the item for
which the sample has been requested.

in our catalog.cfg
   MaxQuantityField is set to inventory:quantity to prevent ordering more
than stock
   SeparateItems configuration is  set to default value - No.

Is it possible to achieve this ? Any pointers, suggestions would be
appreciated.

thx.
- Akash