[ic] ic and qmail

Patrick Donker list-account at webpagina.nu
Tue Jul 13 14:18:56 EDT 2004

>>> The above is not what you want to address this issue.
>>> Customer-targeted email receipts, ship notices and other emails are
>>> easily sent out with
>>

>> <snip>
>>
>> How come nobody is willing to help me with this?
>

> Probably because this is not really an Interchange thing but rather a
> qmail thing. You might want to get on a qmail forum or mailing list and
> pose the same question - Interchange is just a big script so a solution
> that works for any script should be adaptable for interchange. I took 37
> seconds to look at "Life With Qmail"
> (http://www.lifewithqmail.org/lwq.html), section 4.3, and did see that
> environment variables can be used to override configuration directives,
> but perhaps a Qmail guru (which I am NOT) would be better suited to show
> you how you might exploit this...
>
> - Ed

Ed,

Before this turns into a flame war, I already know about the lwq pages,
that is where I got the info on the variables from. I even posted a link
to the qmail-inject man page in case somebody willing to help me needed
more info. This is NOT a qmail issue because I know perfectly well what
I have to do about it. If I post this on a qmail mailinglist they will
point me to this list because qmail (sendmail) is called from ic, and
the calling script needs to set the proper variables. I dont ask anybody
  to help me solve the 'qmail problem', only how to override the
defaultdomain from ic. Please dont point me to a perl list this time }:)
It IS possible to set system variables from within ic, right?

-Patrick