[ic] Suggestion for Payment Gateway

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Tue Jul 13 18:37:07 EDT 2004

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004, Matt Kerner wrote:

> We are planning on changing the payment gateway on one of our stores
> from Cybercash to another vendor. Currently we receive quite a few
> errors from the CyberCash gateway (1 in 10 attempts) and are looking
> for a more reliable vendor.
>
> Does anybody have recommendations for a reliable payment processor that
> works with Interchange? This is for a moderate volume catalog.

CyberCash is actually owned and operated by Verisign now, and I've found
them to be reliable except during rare outages. The 1 in 10 failure is
probably due to Perl signals problems on your server. The same thing can
happen with other gateways, and with calls to GnuPG. Search the archives
here for PERL_SIGNALS and MaxServers to look for remedies.

> Also, does anybody know who Backcountrystore.com is using for their
> gateway?

Yes, but they prefer it not be disclosed. :)

Jon