[ic] Composite Primary Key

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Wed Jul 14 01:29:04 EDT 2004

Quoting Ammar T. Al-Sayegh (ammar at kunet.com):
> > > Is it possible to have a composite primary key
> > > for an Interchange table?
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > This capability has been added in 5.3, but is not in 5.2.
>
> Thanks for the pointer. The only problem now is that
> I just invested a lot in upgrading from 4.8 to 5.2.
> Wish there is an easy way to go from 5.2 to 5.3.

There is -- just install it over the top. Our goal with 5.x is to
make updates completely compatible, and so far we are pretty much
hitting the mark.

The UPGRADING doc shows you how to try it out first, in parallel, but
I know of nothing that would cause you a problem.

When we go from 5.x to 6.x, then you might worry. 8-)

--
Mike Heins

Any man who is under 30, and is not liberal, has not heart; and any man
who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has not brains.
 -- Winston Churchill