[ic] e-commerce and call-center software

Ed LaFrance (New Media E.M.S.) ic_users at newmediaems.com
Thu Jul 15 11:23:42 EDT 2004

At 04:08 PM 7/14/2004, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>We are developing a on-line store. The store is managed normally but there
>is one small issue, they have a call center, that can take the users
>orders, but with discounts, the problem is that we need that the person in
>the call center can look ant the same prices as the normal internet user,
>but also has some discount avalible onscreen depending on the client, the
>amount purchase total, and certain products.
>For example User Y was looking at the on-line store, but dicided to give
>us a call, when he calls, the clerck that answers the call, will take the
>order, exactly as the users wants, but he can give discounts, and have
>room for negociating the prices...
>
>We were thinking to make a separete client, but I am pretty sure that IC
>can handle that with a lillte twaeking... maybe using user roles, or using
>affiliates....
>
>Any comments or Ideas are welcome
>
>Thanks In advance.
>Daniel Castro

One of the many pricing features of Interchange is the ability to set the
price for an item directly in the cart via the mv_price attribute. The
foundation demo already references this attribute in the CommonAdjust
pricing string; by re-arranging this string a bit, and adding an input
field for a key-in price in admin/entry.html with a bit of code to handle
it, I'd think that a sales agent could name any price they want for an item...

- Ed

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          Ed.LaFrance at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax