[ic] Question about 'connect failed...(110)" on ic and Mysql server

Marty Tennison marty at sediva.com
Thu Jul 15 12:18:14 EDT 2004

OS: Debian 3.0
Kernel: 2.4.20
Ic: 5.0
Mysql: 3.23.55
Perl: 5.6.1 (non threaded)
web.

I'm getting this error in the interchange.cfg error.log file every 30
minutes or so.

"Died in server spawn: table products connect failed -- Can't connect to
MySQL server on 'mysql.myserver.com' (110)"

I'm trying to figure out whether I have an IC issue, Mysql issue or DNS
issue.  I'm getting variations of that error message depending on the
page requested, but they all have the (110) error code.  A 'grep -R 110'
from the interchange/lib directory yielded no helpful output.

Traffic settings:
PreFork             Yes
StartServers        5
MaxRequestsPerChild 100
HouseKeeping        2
PIDcheck            120
MaxServers          0

As Austin Powers would say - "And, I'm Spent!".  Any help or point in
the right direction to look would be greatly appreciated. If I have
forgotten to post any relevant config or error information I apologize
and will post if requested.

Thanks in advance.
--
Marty Tennison <marty at sediva.com>