[ic] ad_tracking--mike h

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Thu Jul 15 16:54:19 EDT 2004

Quoting Steve (icdev at mrlock.com):
> > No, sorry. I have implemented it for several clients. My main hesitancy
> > is that it also requires a hand-edited CGI program to deliver the ads in
> > static HTML. There are also 9 files to deliver, and I haven't had time
> > to remove my client-specific stuff from it.
> >
> > I will put it on my todo list, but lacking a client funding me I probably
> > won't get to it until after I return from my yearly trek.
> >
> > --
> > Mike Heins
> > Perusion -- Expert Interchange Consulting    http://www.perusion.com/
> > phone +1.765.647.1295  tollfree 800-949-1889 <mike at perusion.com>
>
> How much would it take if a few of us funded this venture to include it in
> the open source?
> I know i'm interested.....

I would think two-three hours of my time would be plenty. What I usually
do is go halfsies with people who are funding something that goes
to the core. The extra time is spent on docs and distribution support.

What funding does is force me to do something. 8-) Otherwise I have paid
clients, family, friends, my personal itches, and community obligations
(one of which is my help toward the next Interchange distribution) all
competing for my time. I have found the appetite for free consulting and
help is insatiable, so I have to prioritize somehow.

--
Mike Heins

Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed. -- Francis Bacon