[ic] Import from XLS fails to set SKU

Joshua Lavin joshua at kingdomdesign.com
Tue Jul 20 18:24:10 EDT 2004

IC 4.9.8 CVS from Sept 15, 2003.

I have created a new custom MySQL database table that has 5 fields:
SKUID, description, big_picture, extra_pic, extra_pic2. (I know I could
add these to the products database, but we have to keep that structure
for some interfacing we're doing with a point-of-sale system.)

I'm trying to update this table via an .XLS spreadsheet import. My
spreadsheet was made with OpenOffice, and the table updates are in the
second sheet, with column names at the top just like the table.

When I go to import data, I choose the file from my hard drive, change
the select box to XLS Spreadsheet, and hit "Import."

This imports the description just fine if there is one row, but it
fails to use my SKUID field for the SKUID, instead assigning a 0.

With more than one row, it only gets the last one, and sets the SKUID
to 0.

I've tried unchecking "autonumber if no key" but that doesn't help. My
MySQL table _does_ have an primary key set on the first column.

Anyone know what am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

--
Josh Lavin