[ic] How to set up so "decrypt credit card" link will work?

Eric Small interchange at ericsmall.com
Wed Jul 21 14:14:56 EDT 2004

Janine Sisk wrote:

> On Jul 21, 2004, at 1:17 PM, Eric Small wrote:
> We're talking non-technical
> users here, both Mac and Windows, in different geographic locations.
> Sounds like a recipe for disaster/confusion to me...  but we can't be
> the only ones who have orders processed in multiple locations?  What
> does everyone else do?

I haven't quite gotten that far yet, but there are a couple programs for
Windows that makes GPG easier to use.

The first is WinPT a little system tray program that provides
alternate-click file encryption/decryption capabilities.

There is also a freeware GPG plug-in for Outlook from here

These utilities require GPG to be installed which can be obtained from:

Distributing the private key should be done via some secure method.
Perhaps a download via https?  Or you could encrypt the private key with
its public key then email it. (Oh wait, that won't work ;)

I'm not sure what programs are available for Mac.  There must be some
GPG utilities for FreeBSD that can run on a Mac.

Interchange 5.2.0 / Debian 3.0 Stable / MySQL 4.0.20-log