[ic] cannot connect to localhost

Dylan Oliver dylan.oliver at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 15:02:26 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm returning to Interchange after a long break, and have installed it
on my local Debian unstable system with the 5.2.0 packages. The
Interchange daemon is running, and I can access the Foundation demo.
Rather, I can reach parts of it. Running across the top menu, I can
reach "Home", "Your Cart", and "About Us". Clicking the remaining
links ("Log In", "Check Out", and "Service") always gives me a message
that "The connection was refused when attempting to connect to
localhost." I get the same when attempting to reach the Admin area.
Looking in the page directory, the inaccessible pages look more or
less like the accessible ones - same permissions, and I haven't
altered any of the code. So why should some work while others don't?

Thanks,
--
Dylan Oliver