[ic] HTdig or Googling a local IC Site for better search results on numerous columns

Barry Treahy, Jr. Treahy at MMaz.com
Wed Jul 28 16:08:58 EDT 2004

Mike Heins wrote:

>Quoting Barry Treahy, Jr. (Treahy at mmaz.com):
>

>>Has anyone assembled an integrated search or advanced search feature
>>into IC that would better handle keyword searches across a large number
>>of columns in a MySQL database?  At present, the method I'm doing are
>>searches against INDEX columns on some of the key fields and then
>>attempting to reduce that, but the flexibility sucks and the performance
>>is even worse;  I'm 4.8.6.
>>

>Why aren't you using Interchange's text search? It does this type of thing
>pretty well, certainly better than what you can construct with a SQL query.

I guess I would have to answer "I don't know."  I'll scan the docs on
this and try to see what you are referring to, and how that is actually
different that what I'm doing...

>All that is required is that you export to a text file.
>
>If your database is so huge that you are going to externally index you
>should probably try to leverage swish-e (which has an IC module) or
>mNoGoSearch or something.

Ok, thanks for the tip and lead...

Best regards,

Barry

--

Barry Treahy, Jr                       E-mail: Treahy at MMaz.com
Midwest Microwave                          Phone: 480/314-1320