[ic] Time-build

Ed LaFrance (New Media E.M.S.) ic_users at newmediaems.com
Thu Jul 29 13:47:54 EDT 2004

At 05:24 AM 7/28/2004, you wrote:

>Just need a little explanation on this tag...
>I have a page that loops through all the prod_groups and categories of a
>catalog of 1000 + products.  It usually take a little time to get this
>done and I want to speed up the page display.  The catalog does gets
>updated daily, so I would like to get something in place so that this page
>is built only once daily.  So...if i put the following tags around the code:
>
>[timed-build period="24 hours"]
>code to get prod_groups & categories
>[/timed-build]
>
>it will only be done once a day and the page theoretically supposed to
>return quickly without hitting the database?
>
>Thanks!

Yep - in the above example it should try to write a file named after the
page in which the code was first called, in a subdirectory of your catalog
roote named 'timed'. Check the TagRef docs, which are mostly accurate,
though there was a bug affecting path/file parsing in this tag which was
recently patched.

- Ed

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          Ed.LaFrance at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax