[ic] Parsing Order Confusion

rbragg redhat at rickbragg.net
Tue Jun 1 19:51:28 EDT 2004

Chris McCulloh wrote:
> Somewhat strange problem I'm having.  I've known of Interchange since
> Akopia days, but have only started using it for a large project as of late
> (minor tweaking in the past).  I'm having something weird happen -- it
> seems like the components on certain pages are appearing completely out of
> place.  Suspecting perhaps HTML errors, I've diagnosed them at length.
> For example, using the Foundation results page with the top/left/right
> template.  The results_buylist component is in slot 4, content in slot 5,
> slot 6 empty, and slot 7 has the random component.
>
> When the page renders, however, the random component is appearing in the
> content slot before the content, and result_buylist isn't rendering at
> all.  What kind of steps can I take to troubleshoot this, and are there
> any common sources of problems like this?  I've done some hefty googling
> (although I'd be more than willing to admit perchance I may not have used
> the best terms as an Interchange dev newb) and haven't found anything
> extensive.
>
> Thanks in advance
> -chris

I usually put text into the template right before and after each control
to make sure things are right.
i.e. in the template

   ...this is the main content area...
     [include file="templates/components/[control component
none]"group=content][control]
   ...end main content area...

Also remember that the header in the "html" files must match the template.
i.e.:

   [control reset=1]
   [control-set]
         [component]name_of_component_1[/component]
   [/control-set]
   [control-set]
         [component][/component]
   [/control-set]
   [control-set]
         [component][/component]
   [/control-set]
   [control-set]
         [component]name_of_component_4[/component]
   [/control-set]
   [control reset=1]

Rick