[ic] Problems saving multiple simple options at checkout time

Mark Bryant mark at vwe.net
Wed Jun 2 06:21:18 EDT 2004

Hi Everyone,

This is a repost of my problem as it appears to have slipped through the
net the last time.

I have items in my shop that have 2 simple options each.

Option1 = Condom Type

Option2 = Lube Type

The options are defined in the item option editor as:

Name: Lube Type
Label: Lube Type
         TLC=TLC
         Light_Lube=Light Lube

Name: Condom Type
Label: Condom Type
         Delaying=Delaying
         Extra_Strong=Extra Strong
         Flavoured=Flavoured
         Large=Large
         Natural=Natural
         Slender=Slender
         Textured=Textured
         Ultra_Thin=Ultra Thin

The appear and work just fine on the fly, cart and checkout pages BUT when
it comes to checkout time and to record the order, the options are simply
being dropped.

The options text that appears in the ORDERLINE table is:

Condom Type: , Lube Type:

What appears to be happening is that the name/label is being recorded (as a
comma separated list) but NOT the selections the user made.

Items in the store with only 1 option are being recorded without problems.
This problem ONLY happens when there's more than one option to record.

I've googled extensively but I've not been able to turn up anything that
helps. Does anyone have any ideas why this might be happening? Could it be
the spaces in the label/name although I doubt it very much as they are
being picked up correctly. If it helps, my original foundation store
install behaves the same way, so it would hint at an IC internal problem?

For the record I'm using IC 4.8.7, RH 7.3 and Perl 5.6.1.

If any more information is needed please say and I'll get it.

Many thanks in advance to anyone that can shed some light on this :)

Mark

vwe internet ltd
EMail - info at vwe.net
WWW - http://www.vwe.net/
Tel - 0870 284 3369
Fax - 0870 284 4469
Tech Support - 0906 470 3369*
*UK only. Calls charged at 60p/min at all times

UK Broadband with modem, 2 filters and half price installation until
31/05/2004 - http://www.vwe.net/adsl