[ic] Problems saving multiple simple options at checkout time

Mark Bryant mark at vwe.net
Wed Jun 2 13:11:29 EDT 2004

At 17:54 02/06/2004, you wrote:
>At 09:24 AM 6/2/2004, you wrote:
>>At 16:00 02/06/2004, you wrote:
>>> >
>>> > I would check the contents of the options table for leading nulls or
>>> > newlines which should not be there. Also, try installing a fresh
>>> > foundation
>>> > demo and see if you can reproduce this condition.
>>> >
>>> > - Ed
>>> >
>>>Hello Ed,
>>>I am having a similar problem with 4.8.x, with some simple options, but some
>>>are working correctly.
>>>We use the mysql tables, but there also exists some txt files in the
>>>products directory.
>>>Does foundation use both files?
>>>Not sure which file really matters here.
>>Seems I'm not the only one that's experiencing this problem with this 
>>particular version of IC.
>>Thanks Steve, you've reassured me that I'm not going bonkers ;)
>>Fingers crossed an IC core person can shed some light for us.
>>Many thanks
>Both files matter. I have not heard of this problem previously, but if I 
>were you, I would install and instance of the latest stable release, 
>either for your branch (4.8.9) or for the current branch (5.2) and see if 
>a catalog running under that exhibits the problem.
>- Ed

OK, I've got more on this now....

A truncated snippet from the options.txt i just exported

000563  1                                       1
000563-Condom Type              000563  Condom Type
000565  1                                       1
000565-Condom Type              000565  Condom Type
000565-Lube Type                000565  Lube Type
000567-Condom+Type              000567  Condom Type
000567  1                                       1
000567-Lube+Type                000567  Lube Type

Spot the difference?

I can tell you quite confidently that 000565 works perfectly options wise, 
but 000567 doesn't

Clearly the options for 000567 are looking for "000567-Lube Type" and not 
finding it as there's no match.

It's as I originally thought, the space in the field blew IC's mind when it 
was saving because it plonked a + in pace of the space and then forgets to 
take it into consideration later. I'd say that's a bug ;)

In future I'm going to stick to using "_" where no guidance is given as to 
what should be entered.

I fixed the problem by editing the incorrect entries in the MySQL table 

Many thanks to everyone for their help.


vwe internet ltd
EMail - info at vwe.net
WWW - http://www.vwe.net/
Tel - 0870 284 3369
Fax - 0870 284 4469
Tech Support - 0906 470 3369*
*UK only. Calls charged at 60p/min at all times

UK Broadband with modem, 2 filters and half price installation until 
30/06/2004 - http://www.vwe.net/adsl  

More information about the interchange-users mailing list