[ic] Problems saving multiple simple options at checkout

Mark Bryant mark at vwe.net
Wed Jun 2 19:14:45 EDT 2004

At 18:19 02/06/2004, you wrote:
> > >Seems I'm not the only one that's experiencing this problem with this
> > >particular version of IC.
> > >
> > >Thanks Steve, you've reassured me that I'm not going bonkers ;)
> > >
> > >Fingers crossed an IC core person can shed some light for us.
> > >
> > >Many thanks
> > >
> > >Mark
> >
> > Both files matter. I have not heard of this problem previously, but if I
> > were you, I would install and instance of the latest stable
> > release, either
> > for your branch (4.8.9) or for the current branch (5.2) and see if a
> > catalog running under that exhibits the problem.
> >
> > - Ed
> >

>Thanks Ed.
>
>What would be the easiest way to get just the Interchange files ( I assume
>this is what you are referring too) - all the pm files, tags etc... without
>disturbing my foundation based catalog, and all the customizations?
>
>If it is a big challenge to upgrade to 4.8.9 then I might as well put the
>effort into 5.2.
>
>-Steve

Steve,

I recently asked about upgrading to the latest version of IC from an rpm
install of 4.8.x.

The response was mixed as, like you, I thought i was upgrading the IC
engine, stuff relating to my catalog should still work, but the general
impression I got from various posters was that it's a lot more involved
than that. It appears that IC does a M$ and changes the tracks every so
often, so that the old trains won't run any more. Seems very unfriendly in
my view, but I'm sure there's some fundamental excuse/reason for it.

Anyway, I weighed up what I would gain from the upgrade vs the cost of my
time spent trying to do it and decided to not upgrade as I felt it better
to not fix what's not broken and the new features were not essential to me :)

Fix things that are broken, but never upgrade just for the sake of upgrading ;)

Hope this helps

Mark

vwe internet ltd
EMail - info at vwe.net
WWW - http://www.vwe.net/
Tel - 0870 284 3369
Fax - 0870 284 4469
Tech Support - 0906 470 3369*
*UK only. Calls charged at 60p/min at all times

UK Broadband with modem, 2 filters and half price installation until
30/06/2004 - http://www.vwe.net/adsl