[ic] no required email in order/entry

Jeannie Stevenson webteam at wes-state.com
Wed Jun 9 18:34:21 EDT 2004

Jeannie Stevenson wrote:

>Hello list
>
>There seem to be a flaw in order/entry.
>
>What if the person doesn't have an email address.
>The form requires one, even if the order came in via mail_order
>

>I've added :
>1. a No email check box  <INPUT TYPE=checkbox NAME=no_email_addr VALUE=1>
>2. took out email required from COMMON_ORDER_PROFILE       <----hopefully
>this doen't effect customer ordering!
>3. added [if value no_email_addr ne 1]
>    email=required
>    email=email
>    [/if]
>4. changed the error to [error name=email std_label="[L]Email Address[/L]"]
>    within the profiles of etc/profiles.order
>
>when submitted it still says the the email is required
>
>Any suggestions or how to's would be gratefull
>
>Thanks
>
>Jeannie

Check your order routing. Obviously there is still a piece of code
rejecting the order because there is no email address.
E.g If mv_profile_order (i think) equals credit_card, looking in
etc/profiles.order :

__NAME__                            credit_card

__COMMON_ORDER_PROFILE__

&fatal = yes
email=required
email=email

&set = mv_payment Incomplete

[if variable MV_PAYMENT_MODE]
[value name=mv_payment_realtime set=""]
&credit_card=standard keep __CREDIT_CARDS_ACCEPTED__
&set=mv_payment Real-time Credit Card (%c -- [var MV_PAYMENT_MODE])
&set=mv_payment_realtime 1
[else]
&credit_card=standard __CREDIT_CARDS_ACCEPTED__
&set=mv_payment Credit Card (%c)
[/else]
[/if]

&calc = $Values->{mv_payment} =~ s/\%c/$Values->{mv_credit_card_type}/g; 1;
&final = yes
&setcheck=mv_email [value email]

__END__

Replace with:

__NAME__                            credit_card

__COMMON_ORDER_PROFILE__

&fatal = yes

&set = mv_payment Incomplete

[if variable MV_PAYMENT_MODE]
[value name=mv_payment_realtime set=""]
&credit_card=standard keep __CREDIT_CARDS_ACCEPTED__
&set=mv_payment Real-time Credit Card (%c -- [var MV_PAYMENT_MODE])
&set=mv_payment_realtime 1
[else]
&credit_card=standard __CREDIT_CARDS_ACCEPTED__
&set=mv_payment Credit Card (%c)
[/else]
[/if]

&calc = $Values->{mv_payment} =~ s/\%c/$Values->{mv_credit_card_type}/g; 1;
&final = yes
&setcheck=mv_email [value email]

__END__

Hope this helps.