[ic] XML::Parser, Safe.pm, system signal 12

Carsten Jahnke carstenjahnke at web.de
Thu Jun 10 05:39:34 EDT 2004

Mike Heins wrote:
> Try putting
> 	SafeUntrap require
> in interchange.cfg. This will sometimes help, but significantly reduces
> the security of Safe. It may not work, either, if they have to modify
> the symbol table as part of the require; you can usually get around
> that by pre-requiring needed modules in a BEGIN {} block.

Thanks for your reply, Mike!
I also had that idea of SafeUntrap but after putting in "require" I had
to untrap "caller", then "-d" and at this point interchange dropped out
processing interchange.cfg.

> If you can break out the XML::Parser things into operations that
> can be placed outside your [perl] blocks, i.e.
> 	[tmp result][your-xml-parser-tag][/tmp]
> then you can use the result in your subsequent Perl code.

That's it !!
I got some real good explanations from Kevin about Safe.pm's supremacy
*g* in any [perl], [mvasp], [calc] definitions. So, putting the Tag-call
outside of any of these embedded-perl Tags is the running method I
searched for so long!
The only small drawback is the [tmp result][your-xml-parser-tag][/tmp] -
construction to get the return values in following [mvasp]- or [perl]-

Understanding the inner functionalities of interchange (and perl) is
really strong meat and sometimes frustrating! %-)
But it's fascinating how powerful interchange is!

Thanks again for your help!

Carsten Jahnke

email: carstenjahnke at web.de