[ic] Missing options (was Re: Building a new catalog system -- is it this complex?)

Jeme jeme at rkdpp.com
Fri Jun 11 11:24:49 EDT 2004

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 18:48:26 +0100
"John1" <list_subscriber at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On Thursday, June 10, 2004 2:49 PM, jeme at rkdpp.com wrote:
> > Using an empty foundation store, I've started modifying things to make
> > something that just starts to work.
> >
> > I've added some of the simple products, but when it comes to things
> > that need options, I'm hitting a wall.
> >
> > Using the admin interface, I select a product with SKU "AC001" that
> > I'd just created.  This product can vary two simple ways: length and
> > weight, so I select the "options" tab.  There are radio buttons for
> > the type of option, so I select "Simple" and hit "update".  The
> > screen appears to refresh, but nothing changes.  If I try to do it
> > again, I get a message that says, "table options: set_slice error as
> > called by Vend::Interpolate: DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:
> > parser: parse error at or near "WHERE" at
> > /usr/lib/interchange/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 1245. query was:update
> > options SET WHERE code = 'AC001' values were:''"
> >
> > Inspecting the "options" table in the database, I see that there is a
> > single record with a single value in the "code" field set to "AC001".
> >
> > Does that seem wrong?
> >
> > This is Debian stable using the packages retrieved using the
> > icdevgroup.org apt source (which are at 5.0.1 and that seems a bit
> > odd).
> >
> > Any help appreciated.
>
> Personally, I would suggest following the simple options example in the RTFM
> site faq docs.

OK, did that.

> Edit the database files (i.e. the txt files) in a notepad rather than use
> the admin GUI.  If you are using PostgreSQL the database will be updated
> from the txt files if you delete the .sql file of the same name in the same
> directory, and restart interchange.

Um, I just went ahead and added the entries to the database.

insert into options values ('AC001-length', 'AC001', 'length', '', '48', 'Length', '48=48 Inch,57=57 Inch', 'select', NULL, NULL, 'Cue length', NULL, NULL, NULL);

Seems OK, I think.  Some of the fields don't exist in the example, so I left them blank (except o_sort, which is defined not null... don't know what to put there).

> Once you get it working this way then go back to the admin GUI and see what
> the options you have set up look like from the GUI.

Nothing in the GUI, nothing in the catalog.  It's like the entries aren't even there.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

J.