[ic] [sql-filter] in the 'random' component

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Fri Jun 11 15:40:58 EDT 2004

Quoting Adrian P Wilkinson (junk at puffin.org):
> Hi,
>
> I don't seem to be able to use [sql-filter] in templates/components/random
> to limit the number of characters displayed of the product title to
> seventy-five.  Here's my code snippit:

> valign="top"><b>
>             &nbsp;[sql-filter 75.][loop-description][/sql-filter]</b>
>
> The contents of the 'description' field appears surrounded by the unpharsed
> tag.  Suggestions?

YOu would want [loop-filter 75.] [/loop-filter] instead. Or the
parsed-at-a-higher-level [filter 75.] [/filter].

I don't know why you selected [sql-filter ...] -- the default prefix
varies based on which surrounding iterative loop you are using, and
can be set to whatever.

--
Mike Heins

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90%
how I react to it. And so it is for you... we are in charge
of our attitudes. -- Charles Swindoll