[ic] Pricing Questions

Thomas J.M. Burton tom at globalfocusdm.com
Wed Jun 16 15:42:05 EDT 2004

New Media E.M.S. wrote:
*snip*
>> At 03:19 PM 6/9/2004, you wrote: One of these is a video discount.
>> If four or more videos are ordered, they take 10% off of the price
>> of all videos in the order. The other is for some training hurdles,
>> order 6 or more in either of two sizes and 10% is discounted from
>> the price of all hurdles in the order.
*snip*

> Seems like price_group would be a good way to handle this:
>
> http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2000-October/001212.html
>
> - Ed

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the tip, but I'm not sure I'm setting it up correctly. Here's
what I've got:

-----------
catalog.cfg
-----------
PriceField      0
CommonAdjust    pricing:price_group,q2,q4,q6,q8,q10,q12, :sale_price,
;:price, ;$, ==:options
AutoModifier    pricing:price_group

-------------
etc/after.cfg
-------------
Profile default CommonAdjust   "pricing:price_group,q2,q4,q6,q8,q10,q12,
:sale_price, ;:price, ;$, ==:options"

CommonAdjust   pricing:price_group,q2,q4,q6,q8,q10,q12, :sale_price,
;:price, ;$, ==:options
AutoModifier   pricing:price_group
PriceField     0

--------------------
products/pricing.txt
--------------------
sku     price_group     q2      q4      q6      q8      q10     q12
HURDLE-6                8.00
SFV-013 videos          	-10%
SFV-011 videos          	-10%
SFV-012 videos          	-10%
SFV-010 videos          	-10%

I set that up, restarted Interchange, and the quantity discount is not
working for any items. I'm using the after.cfg file that's distributed
in with the foundation demo for IC v5.0. I'm hesitant to clear out any
of the lines related to dealer accounts, etc. because I don't want to
take out anything that might be needed. Something's not set right
because the quantity discounts aren't working at all.

Could someone please help?

This catalog uses the default db and is running under IC 5.0.

Thanks,
Tom